Saturday, July 30, 2011

What if I don't wanna be an insurance salesman?

If insurance sales were my dream job I'd already be employed.  I've had two different companies contact me out of the blue....
I remember way back in 2003, the last time I was looking for a job, there were many openings for sales and marketing people.  I passed them by, cuz I know I'd be a lousy salesman, I can't lie that well, and if I had to depended on commission I'd starve.
It's looking now like that might be my only avenue of employment.  I won't call it gainful, cuz for me it won't be, and I probably won't last long in any sales or marketing position.  But with every other add being for sales or marketing, there's not much choice.
Now if I were a nurse there'd be plenty to choose from.  But I'm out of luck for that too.  Can't afford to go back to school, even if I wanted to.
What is up with this country?  Are we destined to be a country of sales people and nurses?
And how come there are sooo many sales positions if no one has the money the buy what is being sold?
The pickins are slim and I've heard nothing from the apps that I have submitted.  Right now I'm working to improve my Microsoft office skills, seems you can't get anywhere without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment