Tuesday, July 5, 2011

At Sea...

Well, I learned a lesson this weekend.
Don't make plans.  They aren't gonna work out anyway.
I decided to do the blog stuff the other day, and it was all down hill from there.
First thing the internet starts giving me grief and then the camera needs charging, then it started raining...
And one thing lead to another and now most of the kitchen is in the living room...
But the kitchen is clean, from the ceiling to the floor.  Now all I have to do is put it back together.
I got out yesterday and took pictures of the garden.  The other blog is my attempt at a garden diary.  So far, not so good...
But, I did get the notes from Steve organized.  I'm gonna slap those up later.  I got a start on the Peanut Gallery page.  I even made a transparent gif.
That's a big thing, for me...
Thanks to J.
(Note to friends...  Since I don't want to be one of those writers that embarrasses their friends I'm only going to refer to you all by initial.  Unless you want to take credit for your actions.  If that's the case, email me and let me know.)
We ran out to Wally world yesterday, and that's all done.  The basic provisioning stage took 3 days when all was said and done, but I'm set for awhile.  There's just a couple of other things to procure.  But those weren't in the basic list.  I have food for all the animals and 2 1/2 cases of Pepsi, so I'm set. ;->
This is my first official day of unemployment.  This is the first day work is open and I'm not there.
I'm fighting a slight sense of something really wrong.  The tornado siren didn't help that.  But this is the first Tuesday of the month, and it was only a test.
I purposefully stayed up late last night, and I didn't get up till 6:30.
I did not have an 'ohhh, I'm late' moment, though I'm sure there will be one in the near future.
I clicked over into vacation time.  From here on out, for the next 2 weeks, I'm gonna do what I do and not worry about it.  I'm gonna sleep when I feel like it,  (Steve always considered that the height of luxury and indulgence, and I have to agree.), and I'm gonna do something fun.
That's not a plan.
It's more an intent...
Or a hope.
It's not really a plan...

No comments:

Post a Comment