Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Just a note...

Before I head back into the weeds.

I'm sitting here putting on my boots and watching:





I keep coming back to those 2 clips.
And this go around, a couple of things occurred.
These 2 clips are perfect examples of a couple of my pet thoughts.
Yeah, I do keep some of them around.
One of my favorite things is to see someone enjoying what they are doing.  It's one thing to see a performer give a skillful, technically proficient performance, and something completely different to watch someone who's having fun.
In the Plain White T's clip you can tell they're having fun, they are on and they know it.  Sure it's not technically perfect, but half of a live performance is the spirit and the energy.  Here, it's all positive.  I like that whoever shot it got some good footage of the guitar players.  You can see the energy there.
And the clip of Danny Kaye and Harry Belafonte is just cool.  You got two very talented individuals, who respect each, having fun.  Danny Kaye really wanted to sing that song, and Belafonte was happy to oblige.  Lucky for us it was one of those spontaneous moments that was filmed.
Which is a whole nother idea, for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment