Saturday, July 2, 2011

Doing a little better today...

Set up files are all downloaded and burned.
I've got all the program and hardware dics.
All the important files are saved on the backup drive.
I got a bus pass.
I got the shopping done.
Everything living has been watered and some are fed.
I still have to pay bills.
I feel like I've been hemorrhaging money the last few days.  But if I'm gonna give the crafting thing even half a chance I need to have the supplies and tools.  I dropped over a $100 at Hobby Lobby the other day and I still don't have everything.  Watching the checking account go down, all I can think is, 'there goes another week'.  Every dollar I spend now has a direct impact on how long I have to find some other means of support.  Not a comforting dilemma.  I still need paint and a good folding table.  I'd like to have a good lighted magnifying glass.  I need one that clamps on, but the ones I've seen are on the expensive side...
Ah, well.  It is what it is.
I'm almost ready to declare a moratorium on worrying.  The vague plan I formulated was to take the next two weeks off.  This is vacation.  I haven't had more than a day or two on either side of a long weekend in five years.  I'm gonna re-post the resume on Monster and then knock off for a couple of weeks.
I've gotta get the house painted, at least the trim, the City wants me to do that.  The garden and yard still need a lot of work.  The inside is still a long way from finished.  I'm gonna use the next couple of weeks to set my house in order, take stock, and decide what to do next.  I'm gonna make a stuffed doll and work on a couple of other sewing projects.  I'm gonna reformat the computer and learn a new system, and, hopefully, learn how to produce an image with a transparent background so I can do more designs for dark shirts.  I need to learn the ins and outs of this thing called blogging.  I've got a lot to do, and I'm gonna try to do it without worrying.

No comments:

Post a Comment