Saturday, September 10, 2011

Something New

And fun!
It's Swap Ideas Day, according to my nifty Oriental Trading calender, and I have something cool to share.
A couple weeks back the folks over at My Memories contacted me and asked if I would like to evaluate their scrapbook software.



Now, I'm not really a scrapbooking sort.  I've done a couple of albums in the past, but they've all been pretty basic.  But this looked kinda fun.  So I decided to try it out.
And I'm glad I did.  It really is as easy as they say.  In about 10 mins.  I created my first page:

  

And, while this is really neat, I decided that the background was a little tame.  I wanted something with a little more umph:


Changing it was just a couple clicks of the mouse.  That one was so easy I decided to get a little more involved and I created a page for a friend:


Pretty cool, huh?
 I even used the software to create a graphic for the blog the other day:


I'm not one to rely on preset templates.  I created these pages on the fly.  But if you really like things easy, the My Memories software comes with a whole bunch of photo layouts, templates, and quick pages.  As shown in the video above, the fast fill makes albums really quick and easy.
The basic software package comes with lots of different backgrounds and embellishments and there are many more available on the My Memories site.  They even have a whole bunch of free kits to add to the selection, and there's the My Memories Blog where you can pick up tips and new ideas.
 I downloaded the software from the website and installation was easy, even with Maxwell being old and slow.  I downloaded several of the free kits and installing those was a snap.  The My Memories software works with all of my fonts, and I have A LOT of fonts, and it even works with some of my graphics.
All and all I've had a lot of fun working with the My Memories digital scrapbooking software




And now for the best part.
As part of the evaluation the folks at My Memories are giving me the chance to give away a free software package.  The regular price for the suite is $39.97, so this is pretty good deal.

If this sounds interesting and you'd like to try it yourself, for free, all you have to do is:
1.  Visit the My Memories site, look through the scrapbooking kits, and pick out the one you like best.
2.  Send me your cutest photo.
Send the photo and your kit choice to: merrykat3@gmail.com

The deadline is next Saturday, Sept.17, 2011.
Next Sunday, Sept. 18, 2011, I'll post the photos and announce the winner of the the free My Memories suite.

And if you are just so psyched about the software and don't want to wait, cut and paste this code:

STMMMS31997

For a $10.00 discount on the My Memories Suite and $10.00 coupon for the My Memories store.

And check back throughout the next week for more on the software and more of the projects I've made with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment