Monday, October 3, 2011

Monday and the return to the mundane....

Ahhh, yes.  The return to the real world has been interesting.
Had to dig out the old curtain rods and put them up in the living room yesterday.  The dogs managed to to take the curtains all the way down over the weekend.  Leaving them alone in the house is almost as bad as leaving teenagers alone.  I tried to dog proof the house as much as possible last Friday, but there's only so much you can do.  I'm gonna store the tables behind the couch.  Maybe that will help a bit.
We'll see.
Had a great weekend at Con.  But that's a topic for another post.  Today I'm gonna clean and get my house in order.
The weekend had a BIG bummer in it.  Saturday a good friend passed.  It was quite a shock, complications from a scooter accident he had about 2 weeks back.  He was going to come out to Con on Saturday, but...  We have lost another truly good person.  The world is a sadder place.
I'm glad circumstances conspired and I got to hang out with him last Thursday.  Very grateful that I got to see him smile and got that last hug.  Very mindful that you never know what the future will bring and that you've got to enjoy the time you get.
Looking forward to hanging out with friends later today...

No comments:

Post a Comment