Wednesday, October 5, 2011

$97.50 =

One dead cat.
I had to put Anya down today.  I sat outside with her till about 3am this morning, she seemed to be doing better.  Was trying to squirm off my lap.  I brought her in and parked her in her window in the bedroom.  She settled down and seemed to be breathing alright.  She had stopped wheezing.  Was taking deeper breaths...
I watched her till about 5:30am.  I set the alarm for 8:30 and laid down.  When I got up she was in the living room wheezing again.  I took her outside but that didn't seem to help much.
So, bundled her up and took her to the Banfield Vet in Edwardsville, they were, supposedly, cheap and I had a coupon..  She had lots of fluid on the lungs, severe respiratory distress.  Still no idea what really happened.  Doesn't appear to have been any sort of infection.  She was fine when she was clawing my leg to get into my lap yesterday.  C said she was fine this weekend.  Vet said it could have been caused by some sort of trauma.  Asked if she was a chewer of electrical cords.
If she was trying a new hobby, it backfired...
Vet said that she'd need intensive treatment and he still couldn't say she'd recover.
I had her put to sleep.
And that cost $97.50.  Thanks to the generosity of friends, and house cleaning,, I had that.  I know it's stupid to spend that kinda money on a cat, but what was I gonna do?  She could have lingered like that for days.
I couldn't do that.
Anya can now go as high as her little heart desires.
Though I really think she's headed the other direction....


She was too good at her job.  They called her home for a promotion.
<SIGH> No more vulture kitty...



No more kitty in interesting places.

This is the last picture I took of her...


Anya Kitty

 

April '09 - October 5, 2011

Looks like Marc will have a traveling companion...


No comments:

Post a Comment