Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Painting Hubert...

Remember Hubert?


Hubert is my first Gnome.  I painted him the other night.  Making Hubert was an exorcise with an eye to future occupation.  The plan was to make Hubert with what I had on hand and see how he did.
When I started painting I wasn't happy that all I had were jewel tones...
I used pearl white for his shirt and eyes, and I mixed 5 drops white with 1 drop gold for his skin.


My options for hair and beard where a couple of flat browns or jewel tone red.


Of course I went red.



He is the head of his clan, so, of course, he got a gold hat.












I think he turned out OK.  I actually like the sparkle.  Hubert did well in test marketing.  He got quite a few smiles.



Evil Hubert.  First Gimp project?  Find a fire or a cauldron....
It's something to think about.

2 comments:

  1. O well done! Time to open your Etsy store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, and wow, had no idea that was out there. I bookmarked Etsy. Have to go back later, when I have more time to really check it out. Thanks for the lead. ;->

    ReplyDelete