Friday, February 27, 2015

Pure rambling randomness....

I really don't have the time to be doing this right now.  Got a big day ahead and I need to get moving.
But, I'm still drinking the second cup of coffee and not completely motivated yet.
So while I'm preparing to motivate I'm uploading pictures.




How our animals spend cold winter nights....











That's Jethro


On the corner of the couch.  It's been cold the past few days, with snow and ice.  Footing in the yard has been rather slippery.  I envy the 4 footed on days like these.  They recover from slips much better than I ever have.
The birds have been out and about the past couple of days, but they stick close to the barn and the pasture.
Unfortunately, our duckies seem to have disappeared.  Not sure what happened with them, but all 4 are gone, and I already miss them.  I was looking forward to getting them a pool come summer...
I know it's bad, but I'm already thinking about duckie replacements.  Luckily, they didn't have ducks at Rural King yesterday.

I've been busy with things the last few days.  Made Jiffy style cornbread, without the box, the other day.  Recipe needs some refinement but it was pretty good.  Made beefy onion soup the other night for dinner.  Again, the recipe needs some refinement, but the experiment is well worth repeating.  I've been working on the living room carpet, but that's an ongoing process.
And, the big thing...
I cleaned and organized my desk.
It's awesome, if I do say so myself.

MY desk has never been this neat and tidy before.  I've got the filing system to a place where I can find things and stuff has a place to go.  Things are where I need them to be.  I found all sorts of stuff
It's exciting!
And, yes, I know that's pathetic.
What can I say?  I'm easy to please.
Isn't that a good thing?






What I see sitting at the computer....

My window on the world.





More of the little crap I've collected over time...

I'm hopeful the the unprecedented order and tidiness will spread through the rest of the house.
I can hope, can't I?


The impulse to clean the desk is also exciting news.
I'm getting a rat!!

Yes, I said rat. 



Rats are great pets.  Much better than Hamsters and Gerbils.  They are more intelligent and less prone to bite.
I've had rats before, can ya tell?




Steve, my Deary Departed had rats when he was living in Chicago, and always spoke very highly of them.
My first rat, Basil the long-tailed Hamster, named for the rat from 'Fawlty Towers'....


If yer not familiar with 'Fawlty Towers' you should check it out.

Was a surprise acquisition.  I was in a pet store getting crickets for our Anoles, when a guy came in with a litter of baby rats.  He had to get rid of them, but didn't want them to be snake bait.  The clerk told him that there was no way he could guarantee that the little ones wouldn't be sold as food.  Sucker that I am, I bought what was need to outfit a ten gallon tank, and took home a free rat along with the crickets.

And Basil...


Was one of the best pets I've ever had.  He was litter trained and enjoyed his cap of beer every now and then.
Basil, aka Basil Ratbone, was joined by Vincent Mice.  When they passed we got Edgar and Allen Frog.
Unfortunately our line of rats ended when Edgar passed, not long after Steve.
I've always wanted to get another rat.  But, my life the past 12 years has been unsettled and buying a rat was not high on the list.
Well, today I'm going to rescue another rat, cuz whoever I don't pick is going to become snake bait.
I'm going to go see them in a bit and pick out a new little friend.
I'm excited, that's why it's a big day for me...

And that was yesterday.
I had to interrupt typing to run to Granite and bring home my new little buddy.
For weeks I've been pondering names.  Should I try to stay with our line of naming rats after old horror movie actors?  Maybe Bela or Lon?  I considered Giles, from my recent run of naming animals after 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' characters.  But with today's news, I've decided to call him Leonard, in honer of the now late and always great Leonard Nimoy.

So, say hello to Leonard!!


Let's hope he lives long and prospers.

Well, that's the big news for now.


Except for Riley not wanting to give my chair back...

No comments:

Post a Comment