Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Wow, it's Monday....



Well, we'll see how this goes.  I'm gonna start this post and see if I can get it posted by 12pm.  I'm not taking any bets...
The rough start just got more interesting.  The big strom system that rolled through spawned several tornadoes.  We didn't get a twister here, but the winds were bad enough.  Ripped the billboard up the
 road right out of the ground..

 Photo        Photo



And,


Further damaged the back wall of the barn.


And shifted it a good few inches on the foundation.

The barn has been on the to do list since we first looked at the place.  The barn was one of the big attractions for K & me when we first looked at the place.  When K told me about the place that first time over the phone all she had to do was mention the barn and I knew which place she was talking about.  For both of us that barn is a land mark of childhood.  When I was little we used to go fishing almost every other weekend at a farm pond out this way and that barn was a signal that we were getting close to pond on the way out and the halfway home on the way back.  There are at least a couple pictures of it on the net and we have people stopping by to take more from time to time.  This old barn has a lot of meaning.
If you've read much of this blog at all you know I'm an Atheist, and while I don't necessarily agree with the letter of the whole sentiment I do agree with the spirit, and admire the work that went into the expression.  Believe me, it took a lot of guts to get up there and paint that sign on the barn.  I do want to get the barn repainted.  I'm not gonna be the one painting it.  It's way too tall for my liking.
Unless we can get a bucket truck.  Then I'll think about it...
I should mention that we tried to get the star down to restring it, and found out that the big extension ladder won't reach high enough.
It's a very tall barn, and it needs some major work.  The back wall was falling off before the storm.  The storm cracked a beam and now the whole thing is that much closer to falling off.  We did what we could to stabilize it yesterday and we're checking into options.
And it's yet another worry.
But what would life be without worry?
On the plus side of the day, our lone squirrel has a little friend.  I'm fairly positive that this visitor is new.  It's a little smaller than the one that's been running around for the last few weeks.  They were playing in the front yard this morning.  The storm cleared most all the fallen leaves out of the front yard.  There was another fat, full, orange moon tonight.
So there's some good.

Well, that was a boggling little trip.  Went over to YouTube to find a song and Google tried to switch my log in.  That kinda pissed me off.  If I wanted to log in with Google I'd choose to.  I don't appreciate being hijacked, really didn't appreciate the lack of choice in the matter.  Had to log out and log back in with my old profile.  So, that irritation was with me when I settled on 'Eyes Wide Open'.
I was really irritated when the whole end of the post got dumped cuz Google insisted that I had to log back into Blogger cuz I refused to let them switch my YT log in.
Repeated the process of logging into YT and went looking for my song.  Over shot and found No Doubt's 'Running'.  I shoulda known better.  That song always reminds me of Steve,  So we went on a sorrow slide.
But the whole thing ended with...



And the roller coaster heads up a hill.
On this note, I really have to go to bed.  Tomorrow's gonna be a long day.
And this is why I never bet....

No comments:

Post a Comment