Thursday, November 28, 2013

No, I don't have ADD...

At one point this morning I got up and went into the pink room, that's what we're calling the 2nd bedroom on the first floor,



Cuz it's very pink, to get a better view of the kestrel, who had just caught a mouse in the front pasture.  While standing at the front window I caught sight of my father-in-law's lighthouse.  My in-laws did some dabbling with oils paints years back and Steve and I got one of his father's lighthouse series.
I've always liked this painting and I
really want to get it up on a wall.



















While standing at the front window, pondering the name Little Hawk and rejecting it, cuz he might be sensitive about his size, I could see into the hallway, and it occurred that the space right outside my door would be a good place for my father-in-law's lighthouse.
And the impulse to get hammer and a nail flashed through my being.
And then I remembered what I'd gone into the pink room for.
And then noticed that the fire needed prodding.
The hawk was just sitting on a post, so I prodded the fire and returned to the post I was in the middle of.
And so began another day of side tracking and lost pursuit.
I did get some things done.  A couple of loads of laundry, I straightened up the dry goods cabinet.  Which was in semi-sad shape after the recent celebration.  I collected more branches.
I also chased the dogs a little more than I'd like.
I did get the post done.
I cleaned up the kitchen.
I made cheesy  potato and ham casserole for dinner.
I did dishes.
I did not get the picture on the wall.
I saw Rusty and Ruth out playing around the big tree at the end of the drive.
As mentioned the resident hawk put in an eye catching appearance.
Just a little while ago I heard an owl outside.

My fireplace:




Has truly become a place of fire.

And I'm pondering the true meaning of hotbed, while I wait for one log to burn down so I can throw another log on the fire and go to bed.


Jethro was happy sleeping with his dogs.

 

And Oz found a new comfy spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment