Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Slip sliding away....


Wow, for me, 2012 is going down as a lost year.  Looking back on it I didn't really do too much in 2012, only one post for the whole year and not many pictures....  Which is telling for me.  I play with my camera a lot,.  09, 10, & 11 have at least 2 uploads from the camera every month.  2012 there's only 8 uploads for the entire year.
What I did in 2012 was work.  I worked for 4 different companies in 2012, still work for 2 of them.  Just the thought of doing the taxes hurts my head.  I worked a lot of hours in 2012 and the best I can say for the year is, I survived.  It wasn't a good year, filled with all sorts of minor disasters that had to be dealt with.
Sitting here, now, I am awed how an entire year can slip away.
Back in the fall of '11 when M passed, I lost Anya and Bird so close together....
I lost ambition or motivation...  Not quite sure what.  I meant to keep blogging.  I had things I wanted to write about.  I had ideas that I wanted to work on and things I wanted to do.  But all that got lost in the daily shuffle.
Head down, with all its implications and metaphors intact, I plowed through each job, each accident and occurrence, each day...  And I made it to the end and onto the beginning of the next.
And the wheel turns....
Cuz what has brought me back to reflection is Asheron's passing.  Strange that death triggers the swing on both sides.
Sorting through the pictures, trying to find the last ones taken of him....

Taken in March 2012.  The weather outside was frightful and Ash spent sometime inside.

I realized how few there are for 2012.
Which made think about the year.
Which has made me think.....

Still too early to tell if 2013 will be any better.  We'll have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment